IMPORTANT UPDATE – 27.12.2020
You can still Buy Great Home Furnishings From Hatfields.
Ours stores may be closed following the tier 4 restrictions, but fear not, our WINTER SALE still STARTED on 27th December as planned!
We have a small team of colleagues available to assist and enable you to make purchases from the comfort of your own home.
Therefore, if you have an existing quotation or have viewed items in-store recently, the good news is that you can still proceed with an order by contacting our dedicated team. Although our website isn’t yet an online trading site, the majority of the products we sell in-store are shown online, so if you’ve discovered something you like on our websites, please get in touch to order.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
HOURS: 10am – 3pm
PHONE: 01206 765444
SOCIAL: Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
IMPORTANT UPDATE – 04.11.2020
Unfortunately, due to Government instructions we are required to close our showrooms from Thursday 5th November 2020. Providing the lockdown period is not extended, we intend to re-open on Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
During this time, in line with Government guidelines, we intend to keep a reduced team working in our customer service department and our delivery service will be operating as normal. This includes our flooring installation teams.
We have worked extremely hard to ensure a COVID safe working environment and follow all government instructions and guidelines.
- Our team will be operating between 10:00am – 3:00pm Monday to Friday.
- They will have access to all systems and should be able to answer most queries.
- The vast majority of our suppliers are continuing to operate albeit on the recent reduced staffing levels.
- Whilst our team will be available to take calls during the lockdown period, due to the reduced staffing levels, we won’t be able to take a high frequency of calls and therefore recommend sending any queries to email@example.com. All emails will be responded to in a timely manner.
- Due to various reasons, many of our manufacturers are experiencing delayed lead times, we will continue to inform each customer should this be the case and ask for your understanding in these extremely challenging times.
- During lockdown, we will still be receiving deliveries from our suppliers.
- As described in the guidance from Government, we will continue to deliver to customers’ homes.
- Deliveries will only take place if the customer remains in a separate room throughout the delivery.
- Our delivery team will continue to offer a complete delivery and set-up service (where appropriate). It is important that customers remain in another room throughout the set-up process.
- Once delivery is complete, our staff will leave the property and wait for confirmation from a safe distance that the customer is happy with the product and service. (No signature will be required).
- Our delivery teams will always wear face coverings when in a customer’s home.
- We recommend that the customer wipes down surfaces where appropriate with anti-bacterial wipes following delivery.
- To follow the same guidelines as detailed in the delivery section above.
We will call every customer to arrange delivery, please let us know at this point if you wish to postpone delivery until a later date. We are happy to hold onto your goods in our warehouse until such time as you are comfortable to receive them.
If any customer displays any COVID related symptoms, you must please let us know so we can postpone the delivery to a later date.
IMPORTANT UPDATE – 01.08.2020
STORES NOW OPEN
We’re pleased to announce that Hatfields will reopened both our stores on Saturday 6th June 2020 and our customer care department reopened on Monday 8th June.
When visiting our stores you must adhere to the following new changes:
- Please DO NOT visit our stores if you or anyone in your household are showing any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19.
- Keep 2m apart from other customers and staff (where possible). Signage and screens are in place at our sales desks to help with this but spatial awareness is required.
- For families visiting with young children, please ensure they remain by your side at all times.
- Hand sanitisers are available throughout the stores.
- Disposable paper coverings will be available and required for testing sofas and beds.
- Customers and staff are required to wear a face covering at all times.
- At busy times there may be a need to restrict the number of customers in our stores at any one time. This will be monitored and implemented as required.
- We encourage card payments where possible and card machines will be sanitised before and after every transaction.
- If Interest Free Credit is required whilst in store there will be a need for you to touch computer equipment, but this will all be sanitised before and after every transaction.
- Toilet facilities will be available for our customers from 06.07.2020 only.
- The Coffee House in our budget store reopened on 07.07.2020.
- Due to the nature of the products that we sell/display, we have two vast showrooms which with spatial awareness can be negotiated in a safe way for customers and staff. Please however be mindful of other customers and staff when entering small room settings.
The above listed changes to the store may be subject to alterations without notice and are under constant review.
We appreciate that these changes might not suit every customer, but it is imperative that we keep our staff and customers safe, and therefore these new changes must be adhered to.
We look forward to welcoming you back into our stores.
The Directors & Staff at Hatfields.
IMPORTANT UPDATE - 20.03.2020
WE WILL BE BACK !
The health and safety of Hatfields customers and staff is of the utmost importance and the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) has made us only more attuned to this.
Whilst there have been no reported cases at Hatfields, due to the Covid-19 outbreak, both our stores in Peartree Road TEMPORARILY CLOSED at 5.30pm on 20.03.2020. This is a temporary and precautionary measure until such time as government make reassurances that retail stores can resume operating and maintain safe environments.
We know you will appreciate that this was a tough decision for Hatfields as a local family owned retailer, but these are extraordinary times. We are proud to have never had to shut our doors in our near 134 year history, but we all felt this was the right decision for our customers, staff and community.
To safeguard our employees, you will be happy to know that our office based staff were already working from home and as of 5.30pm on 24.03.2020, our warehouse and deliveries teams will also be at home self-isolating, if they had not already started to do so.
For customers who have urgent queries, our colleagues working from home will respond to emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please bear in mind that there may be some small delay in response and these colleagues will have limitations in their ability to perform all of Hatfields usual operational functions.
It is inevitable that the delivery of existing orders will unfortunately be delayed and we ask for your understanding at this time. As soon as trading resumes and our staff are guaranteed a safe working environment, we will be in contact with all our customers once again.
Please be assured that we are closely monitoring all information provided by Public Health England and the government and shall look forward to reopening our doors again, as soon as we are able.
We value the trust and loyalty you place in Hatfields at a local independent retailer, and would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.
Our thoughts at this time are with all those affected by Covid-19 and our gratitude goes to the people who are working tirelessly to care for them.
We look forward to opening our stores once again.
Please stay safe. We wish you well.
From all at Hatfields.